Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: E-mailed message

As a guy who has gone from in-house grunt, to journeyman contractor, to in-house management, I have been on both sides of this fence as I am sure a lot of you have. And I've watched the industry go from a free rolling "I'll pay for anything you say you did" to a " I'll cheat you out of every penny I can" attitude. Most of this has been a direct result of contractors asking ridiculous prices, and in-house people blindly closing their eyes for contractor "friends". Recent past has glaringly shown the blind in-house managers as they're led out of federal courts.
Now the industry has swung past equilibrium to the opposite extreme. All contractors are increasingly asked to perform more for less, the same as in-house technicians. The difference...lack of benefits, cost of insurance, housing, etc. . I agree that we need reform and perhaps a national standard pricing would work, but let's try to come to a "reasonable" price structure. The companies are just that, and as such must make a profit, or why be there. It comes done to the primes being able to negotiate a reasonable price for work performed, and then paying their employees or subs a reasonable percentage of that price. The bottom line....if profits are shared equally across the entire industry, from company to prime to sub then everyone gets a fair share of the pie and we'll all be better in the end.
This is CABL.com posting #145278. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLXm
Posted in reply to: Re: E-mailed message by installitright
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: E-mailed message ethanlogan23 4/24/2005 4:49:00 PM