Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: western networks broken agreement

that is a real bummer man. i feel for you and hope you follow thru with making them pay.
I myself almost went down there to work but heard to many stories of free work and bullchit.
now those mso's who are laughing at you now and refuse to help, well i guess they know that this year there wont be any storm damage. as for anybody who worked there this year and got paid you got lucky. i feel we are all going to have to stand up and fight for our brothers. as far as me well im not going to say i hope florida gets slammed again as a lot of good people lost everything, but i will say that should it happen again, let comcast send there inhouse people to fix it, cuz i sure wont be there.
and i hope many other contractors remember what happened this year. if you work for 70 % of the contractors today your gonna get screwed somehow. and as far as florida well i blame every contractor there because you all know whats going on, you choose to turn the other cheek because you get paid. you guys cant stand up for each other and get rid of the dirtbags that are working in the same systems you are, you know who they are.
buncha selfish mofos in this industry anymore. no wonder its all turning to chit. yes you got paid you pay your guys so its not your responsability, well, yes it is.
what can i do you ask, well i say have a meeting of contractors,
decide who stays and who goes, if the mso chooses to keep the contract breaking, nonpaying, lieing contractors then let them work, and you dont. i know if i was an employee of a contractor who decided to shut down because of things such as this id stand behind you.
i know we all have bills to pay, we all have kids to feed,
but i love all yalls kids, if we dont stand up to this chit now together then well then its time for everybody to take what you can get and get the hell out.
there is like 5 or 6 msos, and there are thousands of contractors.
its this simple, if your working in a system as a contractor, weather it be a prime, a sub, inhouse, if your working in a system that lets dirtbag companies work, get together with everybody,
have a meeting, decide who is a good company and who is not. as a group go to the mso and tell them the job is shut down until
everybody who worked and is owed is paid.
no more contract breaking.
it could all start right there in florida. and be like a wave from
state to state. its so simple people, stand up for your brothers.
i WILL not work for a company who steals, cheats, lies, etc.
i do not blame the mso as much as i do ourselves.
if you bend over with a lubed up a$$ somebody is gonna stick ya.
you say im just one person what can i do, well i can tell ya,
talk to the guy next to you, get together, then talk to the guy next to him, etc, wont take long. it takes a group to make em listen.
would you sacrafice a paycheck to salvage this industry?
would you sacrafice a paycheck to make a mso/prime wake up?
do you care about anybodys kids besides your own?
are you in this as a career or just here for a check?
it might not be this week, it might not be next, but if you people dont stand up for each other, one week your gonna get screwed. dont cry on the bar when some joe blow dont pay you. because you were not here when it was time
to make a stand and change things. and the time is now.
this year could be the time of change. all the msos are gonna run like hell to catch the last of the tax breaks.
its going to be interesting to see just how it all unfolds.

man i hope we can all stand up. its our own faults people, dont cry about the money we are not making, how it used to be etc etc, if you wanna be part of a group then get busy grouping
and work to change things, otherwise be a loner and dont bitch or cry for help when you get screwed.
i feel for the guy who started this discussion, but again its his fault and all the guys who worked for him as well as all the other people working storm damage in florida. no disrespect man nobody deserves to not be paid whats owed.
because there were many people who went down there and didnt get what they were promised. should have spoken to the group that was there already and refused to be a part of it just as i did.
and as for everybody working there now, when you get your paycheck this week, i hope for a minute you feel a little guilty for accepting it and working on when so many others didnt get paid anything.
good luck people, and again i mean no disrespect for anybody,
i just want things to change and its up to us.
gl to all.
(snipper)
This is CABL.com posting #141568. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKZw
Posted in reply to: Re: western networks broken agreement by thpharr
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: western networks broken agreement 67 SS 2/4/2005 12:44:00 AM
Re: western networks broken agreement thpharr 1/30/2005 7:11:00 PM
Re: western networks broken agreement guerillasplicer 1/30/2005 4:42:00 PM