Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Splicing in the Sleet and Rain?????

The GM's and the plant supers will spread the word on every project, no splicing in the rain, check it out in most job SOP manuals, moisture and voltage don't mix, I could sit here and type up 20 different problems caused by splicing in the rain but let's get back to the real world, there are 2 words that cancel out all common sence, the GM's turn thier backs, the supers turn off thier phones and all the trucks roll reguardless of what the weather is up to, and that's right those 2 words are "Dead Line". I've spliced in nodes and actives parked right by the 495 loop around Boston and it was raining so hard that the cars were going about 15 mph with their emergency flashers and the wipers on full blast, and you can't stop, a word of advice, once you have started you can't stop, ( I'm talking up-grades) if you get caught in a down pour say about 9:30am you have got to go for it, because, and believe I know this from experience it will take you just as much time to complete the project as it will trying to make it play. I think the only time I was ever ordered out of the field was by the cops or staties because of traffic danger due to weather. The people that are planning system dead lines do not take weather into the equation, they never have and never will, this call is always left up to the primes splicing super and in most situations they don't have the balls to make the call so dawn the rain gear keep your **** as dry as possible and go make some money and GW is right, I was raised on the west coast and if you are west of the Cascades, Seattle, Portland, Longview or anything on the coast west of the mountains you get about 320 rain days out of the year why do you think those trees are so fu**ing big out there, you deal with it, if you don't, you are gone. I don't give a hoot what anyone says, it's all about the dead line, how do you think these guys get these projects, what's the one question you have to answer YES to when you sit down with the MSO? Can you meet these dead lines, believe me, I've been there, I'm not saying I'm for it but like it or not the bean counters are running the show and the bottom line is always the bottom line, rain days just throw everything out of wack therefore they are excluded from the equation.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #138125. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ5Z
Posted in reply to: Re: Splicing in the Sleet and Rain????? by deleted
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Splicing in the Sleet and Rain????? rdrner 11/11/2004 12:50:00 AM
Re: Splicing in the Sleet and Rain????? signal2 11/10/2004 7:13:00 PM
Re: Splicing in the Sleet and Rain????? deleted 11/10/2004 8:59:00 AM