Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 180 Connect

Man, the prices quoted as being paid out in Fort Lauderdale are even higher than the lame prices that they paid out in Orlando and Melbourne, Florida. I worked there for one and a half years and they jammed 4 pay cuts on us while our own costs (gas, etc) were rising drastically.

It's obvious this company doesn't care about having long-term employees either because after you wait their rediculous 6 months for some meager benefits they make every attempt to punt your ass out so they can grab the lions share of the revenue and not have to pay out anything on your behalf. With only a 4% retention rate I think it speaks for itself.

I saw the rates that they were getting from the MSO and the average they paid out to the HSD technicians was between 18-22%. Pretty sad when you consider that one month they hammer you to work 7 days a week, and the next month because of such a dismal QC record (20-24% failure rate) they don't have enough jobs to keep a guy busy for 3 days a week with as few as 10-12 total installs. Duh, think the retention rate has anything to do with it?

Not sure if they have shut the doors yet in Orlando ( i heard it had), but Orlando and Melbourne which used to carry the rest of the company profit wise are down to as few as 4 tech's per day from an average a year ago of over 25 in each location so you can see the direction they are headed in... Poor management is the key to it all. In order to be a Manager there you have to take a pay cut down to $5-600 per week for 6-7 days a week of work. Well in my opinion they are getting what they are paying for...Inexperienced managers without the skills to manage!

I did them a favor about 2 years ago, and went to work another state project. What a mistake that was. Ended up having to contact the labor board before they would pay me for the work completed!

They say that they are the largest company nationwide completing installs, but looking at their website page, you would think it you were working for a different company? New Vans? Training? Ya, right...maybe the only ones they are fooling is the MSO's because it's a bunch of crap...

Too many bad companies out there and this one takes the Cherry off the top!

it would be nice if all the Dawgs could post a few positives about well managed, fair paying companies because there are far too many bad apples like this one in the industry.

(sad)

This is CABL.com posting #130005. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHY1
Posted in reply to: 180 Connect by pr1127003
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: 180 Connect Inyoface 4/22/2004 9:52:00 PM
Re: 180 Connect marlboroman 4/22/2004 5:19:00 PM
Re: 180 Connect rukkus 4/19/2004 4:03:00 PM
Re: 180 Connect STEWEY 4/18/2004 11:23:00 PM
Re: 180 Connect SCcabledude 4/18/2004 4:09:00 PM