Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Does anyone sweep anymore???

yes. most mso,s still sweep. cox doesnt find the need to contract out the sweep in most systems.
for the most part it is a part of a rebuild or upgrade program.
however after a system has been contract swept there needs to be constant maintanance sweep from a qualified in house tech or techs to continue to provide top quality service to the paying customer especially with the prices of today cable.
although there has been so much sweep done in the past that was just a scam with nothing more than books to certify the nodes for fcc that now having all the problems causing customer dissatisfaction that some systems are redoing the sweep. ie. modems dont work well. digital servise sucks.
it is a neverending process that should only be done by qualified techs but its highly unlikely that any standards will ever be set.vherefore if you have a system that needs to be swept my advice is to require the prime to provide you with information on all the techs playing with your system.
id be happy to show my credentials before i open an amp.
at the present time most of the sweep going on is all the crap that has been either put off or flubbed up.
i really am seeing a lot of msos giving the splicing prime contractor the sweep and certification contract and in my opinion that is a foolish move. however if you are a suit and you dont work in the field all that is of concern is the numbers not the quality. just look at the splicing going on out there today.
its a big joke therefore how can sweep be any different.
some of us try really hard and some give a crap less.
guess its that way in every aspect of the industry.
as a sweep contractor myself, my deepest thought continues to be you exoect me to sweep that crap.
haha no im sure theres alot of quality work going on somewhere,
just wish i could find some. so if your system has been hacked, all the nodes are full of outages and shorts and noise and dissatisfied customers then keep watching ill probably
end up there. just thought id answer ya hope my ranting didnt go to far off track. peace all (snipper)

This is CABL.com posting #105222. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBxi
Posted in reply to: by
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Does anyone sweep anymore??? waveform 5/1/2003 1:36:00 PM
Re: Does anyone sweep anymore??? Gary Vest 4/30/2003 8:01:00 PM
Re: Does anyone sweep anymore??? RF2Lite2RF 4/29/2003 9:36:00 PM