Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacif

Done here too! 60 days minimum is what the "word" is. (rolleyes)

> I guess that I am not alone when wondering what is gonna happen with the "Adelphia Deals". Everyone is kept in the dark and being B.S. stories about "good work on Adelphia projects".
>
> I, like many others have a family to provide for. All I can do is hope that things get better. I (as others) am sick of the lies and promises of "good work to come". I hope that fellow contractors don't take a RAW deal to fill a need for promised $$$ that will never come.
>
> These things are a fact:
> 1. John Rigas stepped down.
> 2. The next day Tim Rigas stepped down.
> 3. James Brown (Adelphia VP of finance) stepped down over the weekend.
> 4. According to a New York Times article, Adelphia is supposed to have disclosed information with the SEC today. The papers were to disclose personal use of the company airplanes, providing financing of a "golf course" built for thr Rigas family, and was somehow involved in the family's purchase of the Buffalo Sabres hockey team.
> 5. "Adelphia or Enron?" Well....let the past few months events speak for themselves.
> 6. Almost $2-3 Billion or more of hidden debt?!?!?!?! Well, these folk's make Al Capone look like a saint.
>
> Fact or rumor(?!?!?)...Adelphia was (about 2 weeks ago) was suspending all NEW projects except for projects that were over 50% complete.
>
> NOW>>> They have suspeneded ALL contract labor...from construction to drop installs. At least that is what I am hearing from around the country.
>
> Is there any input on this guy's? What is the rest of the world seeing?!?!?! I am sure EVERYONE wants to have input as not to get futher in debt.
>
> I know that there is much garbage seen on the bar. I just want the truth as many people do. I just hope that others don't get screwed...before accepting ANY work, please INVESTIGATE the POSSIBILITIES!!! (usa)
>
This is CABL.com posting #72401. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msZV
Posted in reply to: Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacific?! by Broadband Boggie
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Here is the REALLY bad news... halfbaked 5/22/2002 7:44:00 PM
Re: Here is the REALLY bad news... cablecactus 5/21/2002 12:38:00 PM