Create your free account now! Sign up

Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacific?!

I guess that I am not alone when wondering what is gonna happen with the "Adelphia Deals". Everyone is kept in the dark and being B.S. stories about "good work on Adelphia projects".

I, like many others have a family to provide for. All I can do is hope that things get better. I (as others) am sick of the lies and promises of "good work to come". I hope that fellow contractors don't take a RAW deal to fill a need for promised $$$ that will never come.

These things are a fact:
1. John Rigas stepped down.
2. The next day Tim Rigas stepped down.
3. James Brown (Adelphia VP of finance) stepped down over the weekend.
4. According to a New York Times article, Adelphia is supposed to have disclosed information with the SEC today. The papers were to disclose personal use of the company airplanes, providing financing of a "golf course" built for thr Rigas family, and was somehow involved in the family's purchase of the Buffalo Sabres hockey team.
5. "Adelphia or Enron?" Well....let the past few months events speak for themselves.
6. Almost $2-3 Billion or more of hidden debt?!?!?!?! Well, these folk's make Al Capone look like a saint.

Fact or rumor(?!?!?)...Adelphia was (about 2 weeks ago) was suspending all NEW projects except for projects that were over 50% complete.

NOW>>> They have suspeneded ALL contract labor...from construction to drop installs. At least that is what I am hearing from around the country.

Is there any input on this guy's? What is the rest of the world seeing?!?!?! I am sure EVERYONE wants to have input as not to get futher in debt.

I know that there is much garbage seen on the bar. I just want the truth as many people do. I just hope that others don't get screwed...before accepting ANY work, please INVESTIGATE the POSSIBILITIES!!! (usa)
This is CABL.com posting #72395. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msZP
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacif LIVEWIRELTD 5/21/2002 8:54:00 AM