Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacif

> My guess is that they have to establish a timeline and that by stopping all contractors (installers, disconnects, construction, drop projects, etc) they can try to operate with inhouse for a week or two and get their finances together. All contractors on the operations side (Installers, maybe disconnects) will be back up and running in a week or two. They have to continue to run their business and support their customers. All other projects are anyone's guess. I would speculate not seeing much for 2-3 month's. I am also just guessing but until they sell some or all of their systems they will not spend much during this mess. Good luck to all of you out there.

> I guess that I am not alone when wondering what is gonna happen with the "Adelphia Deals". Everyone is kept in the dark and being B.S. stories about "good work on Adelphia projects".
>
> I, like many others have a family to provide for. All I can do is hope that things get better. I (as others) am sick of the lies and promises of "good work to come". I hope that fellow contractors don't take a RAW deal to fill a need for promised $$$ that will never come.
>
> These things are a fact:
> 1. John Rigas stepped down.
> 2. The next day Tim Rigas stepped down.
> 3. James Brown (Adelphia VP of finance) stepped down over the weekend.
> 4. According to a New York Times article, Adelphia is supposed to have disclosed information with the SEC today. The papers were to disclose personal use of the company airplanes, providing financing of a "golf course" built for thr Rigas family, and was somehow involved in the family's purchase of the Buffalo Sabres hockey team.
> 5. "Adelphia or Enron?" Well....let the past few months events speak for themselves.
> 6. Almost $2-3 Billion or more of hidden debt?!?!?!?! Well, these folk's make Al Capone look like a saint.
>
> Fact or rumor(?!?!?)...Adelphia was (about 2 weeks ago) was suspending all NEW projects except for projects that were over 50% complete.
>
> NOW>>> They have suspeneded ALL contract labor...from construction to drop installs. At least that is what I am hearing from around the country.
>
> Is there any input on this guy's? What is the rest of the world seeing?!?!?! I am sure EVERYONE wants to have input as not to get futher in debt.
>
> I know that there is much garbage seen on the bar. I just want the truth as many people do. I just hope that others don't get screwed...before accepting ANY work, please INVESTIGATE the POSSIBILITIES!!! (usa)
>
This is CABL.com posting #72431. Tiny Link: cabl.co/ms0p
Posted in reply to: Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacific?! by Broadband Boggie
There are 0 replies to this message