Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here is the REALLY bad news...

I'm an Adelphia sub working for the prime in Coudersport, PA(Rigas's home town and Adelphia's national HQ). I was currently working Buffalo maintaiance (aka project squirrel-chew) when we got the call last Fri. All contractors shut down,coast to coast, for at least 30-60days. I dont know about the rest of yall, but I cant afford to sit and wait for this thing to pan out. Im realistic and I know that any upgrade job has its share of clusterf**ks, but man... Running a coast to coast multi-billion dollar operation out of a 2 stoplight town. Literally. All I can do is hope they get their sh** together, 'cause it was awfully nice to have the option of working as a sub in my home town after years of being on the road.

> If Adelphia is selling 2 to 3 million subscribers then who might potentially buy them? Probably not Comcast since they are knee deep into the A.T & T. purchase so that leaves several other major players all of whom are experiencing depressed stock prices of their own, not to mention whatever skeletons they may be hiding in various closets. So where does the money come from to fund these acquisitions? Perhaps from paring down, delaying or completely canceling capital spending projects such as plant extensions and upgrades? I certainly hope that this is not the case but, as I forewarned earlier this year, try and stick with the smaller operations in rural areas. Your chances of continuity will be much greater. And, believe it or not, since local Mom and Pop contractors are not publicly traded (and therefore often potentially debt ridden) their chances of survival may actually be higher than many large primes.
>
> > Done here too! 60 days minimum is what the "word" is. (rolleyes)
> >
> > > I guess that I am not alone when wondering what is gonna happen with the "Adelphia Deals". Everyone is kept in the dark and being B.S. stories about "good work on Adelphia projects".
> > >
> > > I, like many others have a family to provide for. All I can do is hope that things get better. I (as others) am sick of the lies and promises of "good work to come". I hope that fellow contractors don't take a RAW deal to fill a need for promised $$$ that will never come.
> > >
> > > These things are a fact:
> > > 1. John Rigas stepped down.
> > > 2. The next day Tim Rigas stepped down.
> > > 3. James Brown (Adelphia VP of finance) stepped down over the weekend.
> > > 4. According to a New York Times article, Adelphia is supposed to have disclosed information with the SEC today. The papers were to disclose personal use of the company airplanes, providing financing of a "golf course" built for thr Rigas family, and was somehow involved in the family's purchase of the Buffalo Sabres hockey team.
> > > 5. "Adelphia or Enron?" Well....let the past few months events speak for themselves.
> > > 6. Almost $2-3 Billion or more of hidden debt?!?!?!?! Well, these folk's make Al Capone look like a saint.
> > >
> > > Fact or rumor(?!?!?)...Adelphia was (about 2 weeks ago) was suspending all NEW projects except for projects that were over 50% complete.
> > >
> > > NOW>>> They have suspeneded ALL contract labor...from construction to drop installs. At least that is what I am hearing from around the country.
> > >
> > > Is there any input on this guy's? What is the rest of the world seeing?!?!?! I am sure EVERYONE wants to have input as not to get futher in debt.
> > >
> > > I know that there is much garbage seen on the bar. I just want the truth as many people do. I just hope that others don't get screwed...before accepting ANY work, please INVESTIGATE the POSSIBILITIES!!! (usa)
> > >
This is CABL.com posting #72467. Tiny Link: cabl.co/ms0Z
Posted in reply to: Re: Adelphia Stops All Contracts Atlantic to Pacif by tools2go
There are 0 replies to this message