Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv's Contractor Pricing for Upgrades/Swap

All you said is 100% correct, only down side of refusing the work, yes you are contractors, and yes you can refuse the work, but the client is also not required to give you work.  Its kind of the downside of the whole deal.  DTV has always tried to turn Service calls into upgrades, the way I usually got around it is told the customer that your system has to be working and in good order before we can do the upgrade, if your system is not working, you will need a service call, and we will send a service technician out to get your system correct, then we can do the upgrade.

It worked 90% of the time, but this was several years ago, I don't do many installs anymore, and no HSP work at all.  I think the last upgrade one of my techs did was about a year ago, and just added a receiver.  Do what jsliva suggest, find a large retailer, or a few small ones, better pay, less red tape.
Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #356202. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEPm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Directv's Contractor Pricing for Upgrades/Swap WorkHardGetPaid 7/11/2013 12:07:43 AM