Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Real Story of Thanksgiving

Just about everything you posted is what conservatism stands for. We would like the government out of all apects of our lives as much as possible.

Conseratives are not against helping people who need help, we just do not want it to become a way of life as more and more people seem to be doing. When the government helps someone in need it should do so while helping them to get into a position not to need the governments help any longer.
But the liberal side of the government makes it so that if you try to get away from threir help they penalize the person for it. That in turn keeps the person from not trying to better themselves. The left does this because as long as someone is dependant on the government for food, money, housing they will vote to keep whoever is footing the bill in power so they can continue to "get theirs". Its part human nature and part by design.

A conserative is by nature a compassionate person. What could be more compassionate than (to paraphrase a quote from the bible) teach a man to fish so he can eat for a lifetime. I think the less compassionate thing is to give a man a fish to eat only for a day. Conseratives are not aginst giving a fish but at the same time they are teaching how to fish. Liberals would rather make the man dependant on them for the fish. Then they will have a say in how you are to prepair the fish and how and when you can eat it, and god help you if that fish was not humanely raised, caught and killed.

Your right about democrats and republicans are both to blame for the mess the country is in. For me the only way to fix it is to vote in conseratives. True conseratives, Romney was not one but for me he was the lessor of the two evils.

If you truly want to understand what Rush is talking about you have to listen to him for more than 30 minutes. I hated him too at first but I had a company truck with only an AM radio and the station with him was the only one that came in clear,so  it was him or nothing. It took me about 2 weeks to actually hear what he was trying to say. If you read the original post to this thread you will see there is not one word against the government, or Obama. There is no hate, ill malice. What you will find is how the facts point out that if it were not for William Bradford realizing that not giving people the freedom to use their godgiven tallents and work up to their full potential the whole Plymouth colony would have failed.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #350684. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDom
Posted in reply to: Re: The Real Story of Thanksgiving by lashdawg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The Real Story of Thanksgiving lashdawg 11/25/2012 7:11:53 PM