Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How do we fix it?

The issue with the unemployment and people willing to do it less, as that it will not change, my meaning, the main companies (DTV, Dish, TWC, Cox, etc) have people that are willing to do the same work for half the price as they used to, even if the economy explodes and is great, the prices will stay the same, and, as history has shown, go down. I am the same as the OP, been on all sides, I also tried to not pass charges on to my techs if at all possible, but it becomes impossible to a point. Some say have a strike, that will not work, it may work in the short term, but long term, it will make little difference. People at the bottom, the subs and companies that actually do the work, have little to no power, no control, IMO, charges should be able to go both ways, for example, you have an AM time frame, your late due to unforseen circumstances, you can get a charge back, BUT, if the company makes a mistake, and schedules a customer for an AM time slot, but the customer was told they would be a PM, what recourse do we have other than to sit around and wait, should we be able to charge back the company for our wasted gas and time? The main problem as I see it, there are to many middle men, you have the Main Company (DTV for example), then you have the Fullfillment company, then you have the Provider, then you have the sub companies, then the subs. And everyone gets their share of the pie, and as they take their piece, that pie gets smaller and smaller until you get down to the person actually doing the physical work " The Face of the Company" as they like to say, and all is left is the little crust, all the good juicy filling is already gone, and if you make any mistakes, they jerk that piece of crust right out of your mouth.
Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #343190. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBru
Posted in reply to: Re: How do we fix it? by 1FARMER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How do we fix it? Wobbie 5/4/2012 10:21:48 PM