Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Switching companies same system?

I don't hire people. Too much babysitting for too little money. That said, my loyalty isn't to some competitor. I would wipe out my competition in a heartbeat if I could. As far as who I work for, I will go where the money and work conditions are good. If some shop tried to lure me away as an employee (which is a long-term gig in my book), I would investigate the working conditions and the propensity for bullshit before moving to another shop. I've been headhunted before but did not like the company because I just got the bad vibe after checking out their shop and talking to some people there. Any tech that jumps ship and finds themselves unemployed a few months later because they didn't do their homework on the new outfit, reaps what they sow.

I lost loyalty for employers a long time ago for the most part. Most of them have no loyalty to their workforce. They don't offer benefits, they don't offer regular promotions because they can't grow themselves, they accept pay cuts simply because they know they can pass that on and make the techs eat crap. If I know a pay cut is inevitable, damn right I would jump ship for more money.

This is CABL.com posting #342933. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBnl
Posted in reply to: Re: Switching companies same system? by goodsky
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Switching companies same system? goodsky 4/29/2012 1:27:43 PM