Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Home Networking

well we were taught to let the customer boot their own pc up to make sure its ok before you start......i know cox makes customers buy their cable modems but the mta's i believe they lease them. You can get the wirless built into the mta and that would save a bit on install time and simplicity for the customer. Plus you wont be limited to a certain place to run the outlet as you can put the mta anwhere if all the pc's are wireless. Brighthouse is using a ubee mta router combo. If it were me I would simply ask the customer to buy the router ,I mean they are fairly cheap nowadays .Also consider you will need wireless cards or usb adapters for pc's that dont come with them. The setup is fairly simple its just like the guy above says you assign a password and username for each pc and to make it simple use the customers name and phone number and instruct them how to change those .Ah the good old days were im sorry maam but we dont support networked computers. But like when software setups use to pay 30 bucks now you need to setup networks also to get that now. But most pc's now are with network cards and alot more forgiving then they use to be.  
This is CABL.com posting #339872. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAzY
Posted in reply to: Re: Home Networking by PAcable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Home Networking whocares1984 2/19/2012 6:55:23 AM