Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Home Networking

I work for a company that has offered home networking for over 5 years now. Here is my advice on going down this road:- Use your own laptop to set up the wireless network or make sure each of your techs has a their own laptops, I use netbooks for my techs. This will eliminate the potential of a CPE having an issue and you are now forced to troubleshoot their PC or Mac.- Let the customer pick the SSID, but stick to a common password theme. We use the subscribers phone number or account number. Helps eliminate repeats to the home if the password is universal and easy to remember. - Again....use your own laptop. This is HUGE. If you set up a wireless network and the subscribers laptop is bad or broken then you could be stuck fixing their CPE or be liable for it. Believe it or not some subscribers will just switch providers to see who can fix their equipment for free.Hope this helps. Any other questions let me. Also we found that the Linksys routers were the most cost effective and easiest to interact with.
This is CABL.com posting #339836. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAzo
Posted in reply to: Home Networking by jmiller
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Home Networking cablematerial 2/22/2012 11:38:40 PM
Re: Home Networking RickTob 2/19/2012 1:18:28 AM