Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: You had better go up that ladder or your fired

Badass lineman or dumbass lineman? I was working a new build (splicing) and came across a backyard easement run where the existing cable was at 22ft but the new build was at 38ft. I asked the lineman why the hell he put it up their and his answer was "the specs (GO95) say to attach 7ft from primary". As a lineman I had to laugh my ass off. Inexperienced Rookies! This had nothing to do with me climbing. I do it all the time. But what about the next guy or gal? The tech or the installer? I see no reason for a tap or amp to be at 30+ft. Can you?  I have talked co's into redesigning so power supplys are not in easements, taps are within reach, and moving amps so they are easily (street) excisable when possible. There's more to being a good lineman then just puttin it up. Think about the next guy. Someday it may be you out their on an outage in the middle of the night going WTF..

PS. I'm old enough to remember when Americans worked together. Now it seems to be all about ego and putting people in classes.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
This is CABL.com posting #333955. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mby2x
There are 2 replies to this message