Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Realistic pay for triple play!

Man are you being overly generous with your numbers or what? Yeah these numbers will work if you have a perfect day every day. And we all know from experience that if there are 15 techs at a shop, then only 2 or 3 techs are making this kind of money. The supervisors friends. Everyone else is getting the crap work. Upgrades that have to be brought up to code, reconnects that have to be brought up to code. First of all you have time frames to meet and if you don't meet the time frames you get backcharged $25 or more per job you are late on. Second. It will take the average installer 5 hours to do three installs of 1 double play and two triple plays and this is not counting driving time. That's if all goes well and you don't run into any problems. It could very easily and often does become more like 6 or 6.5 hours to do three installs. You must be flash.

Now we still have 3 Trouble calls (TC) and one reconnect, and one box pickup. There's another 2.5 more hours. With driving time for all 8 jobs I would estimate closer to a 10 hour day of stress, constantly being rushed. Go, Go, GO! Faster, Faster, Faster!

From 1997 thru 2003 I made $200-$300 a day and was on the golf course by 3:00 p.m. three days a week during the spring and summer. And we didn't get to the shop until 7:45 and get to our first job until 9:00. and gas was .85 cents a gallon in 98', $1.35 a gal. in 2003. You do the math. Oh that's right you seem to be struggling with math.

Seriously I congratulate you on your extremely positive attitude. But don't expect us to belioeve your rant just because you are being positive.  $5166. per month. Yeah right. 85% of techs in SC are not making $3166 per month.

This is CABL.com posting #332024. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyxo
Posted in reply to: Re: Realistic pay for triple play! by eggman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Realistic pay for triple play! eggman 9/2/2011 8:33:16 PM