Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Service Loops

Well Cableman86, the part about the Revenue Tech's not getting monetary incentive from a failed or passed job I disagree with you on that one
He is a profit generator for the company, the MSO pays the prime for the task completed and if the QC Tech fails the job for any small reason,
they don't pay the installer for the completed job, lets say it was a $40.00 install and the QC Tech does 6 QC's in an hour and is getting paid $15.00 an hour.
2 jobs passes and 4 jobs fail well he inspected $240.00 worth of payable money from the prime in 1 hour minus the $15.00 the prime paid the QC guy and the $80.00 they had to pay out for the passed QC jobs that leaves $145.00 of pure profit for the prime and that is just in 1 hour.

He turns in his QC sheets after an 8 hour day and the PM pats him on the back and say Great Job, You have a Big Future with the Company, I can see you setting in my seat one day, keep the good work up and just to show you how much we like your efforts I am going to give you a raise, Keep up the good work.

So the raise amounts to maybe $40.00 a week and they toss him an incentive bonus every few months , but the bottom line is the only ones that truly wins is the prime.

And yep the traps are a thing of the past, back in the old analog days, I can't remember how many free nights in the ma & pa motels or a home cook dinner and a laied for Cinemax, Showtime & HBO.

This is CABL.com posting #329675. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxVv
Posted in reply to: Re: Service Loops by cablemn86
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Service Loops cablemn86 6/24/2011 8:52:27 AM
Re: Service Loops Oklahoma Cable 6/23/2011 6:51:56 PM