Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Does anyone know how to hit a set top converte

By accident I accessed a SA DCT menu, probably my 2nd week of being a tech.  A co-worker (computer geek to the max), asked me what I was talking about when I was trying to explain it to the boss man.  I thought I had ruined the box.  I explained to him what happened, showed him exactly what I did, and ta-da! He looked at me with such joy, I thought he was going to kiss my feet.

For six months the guys in the office were watching free pay per views - not all of the pay per views were appropriate for workplace viewing... And then somehow, the cable company was anonymously given the serial number from the box, and it was removed from the tech buffer.

So, just out of curiosity, I wondered if it still worked...sure enough, it does.  However, you have to have active cable service and a box that works...

And, other than that...I am not divulging how it works - getting to the menu and what combinations of buttons on the remote and DCT have to be pressed...

But it should not be any different than when you could unlock sat cards and get free satellite.  Meaning, it can be done.  However, I am not sure a DCT can be made to work again after it has been hit by the cable company, unless you have the specific program from the cable company.  Just my 2 cents on the matter.
This is CABL.com posting #328248. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxyu
There are 2 replies to this message