Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: religion

Where do you get the idea that it was a goat herder telling a story about Jesus that led to the written word? You are just going on what you think, or have heard, and have no reliable information to back up what you are saying. You need to research the matter before making a decision on something. I have and can tell you that you are way off base. Have you ever heard of Tacitus or Josephus? Historians from that period, who weren't Christians, just writers who were commissioned to document events that transpired at that time, as Romans were big on keeping records, and they mention Jesus in their writtings. The Koran even records Christ. It isn't just the Bible that speaks of Christ. If you sit down and exhaust all the information there is on the Bible and it's accuracy, I guarantee you would think otherwise. Problem is, when one WANTS to discredit something that goes against what they believe in, they will say or do anything to justify what they feel. I keep getting bashed on this site as someone with an agenda or trying to shove a belief down someone's throat, but all I do here is share the Gospel, and why. That comes from studying it out, because I DID want to know whether ANY of it is credible and after doing so, was led to believe what I believe. All I do is suggest that one studies it out thoroughly before making a decision on something that has very significant consequences. That is not just applied to religious beliefs, that applies to anything.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #327778. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxqU
Posted in reply to: Re: religion by jmiller
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: religion johnmc3 5/22/2011 9:29:51 AM