Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: religion

As has been posted on this site before by others the age and language of the bible has been translated many many times by scholars (we dont know if they were scholars or not and cannot be sure of the grasp of the language they were translating). Ever play that game telephone as a kid? You whisper something to the person on your left it goes around the circle and by the time the message gets back to you its not even close to what you initally said. Well, THATS the difference between George Washington and the other historic figures you mention. Perhaps in 2 thousand years the information written about them will be inacurate as well, but keep in mind that humans up to this point on a whole have never been as well educated as they are now. One goat herder telling a story by the fire of Jesus to another goat herder can easily be embellished or the story can change altogether. If there were any records from that time that are accurate they would be roman or greek or carved into the stone walls of the pyramids. How long after Jesus died was the bible written? I believe that it was at least 100 years after his death that the romans decided to convert to christianity as a state religion. The average life span at that time was 35 so 2 maybe 3 generations removed from the actual events? And the history being carried down orally? I respect your faith, but I also question certian details of it. I believe Jesus did live and he was either olive skinned or black, because of the region he was from. But thats as far as I am willing to go.
This is CABL.com posting #327757. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxqz
Posted in reply to: Re: religion by Gary Vest
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: religion Gary Vest 5/22/2011 7:30:33 AM
Re: religion goodsky 5/21/2011 10:45:29 PM