Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any HPNA techs?

Thanks for the replies.  Sorry I haven't replied back...My knee locked up on me at a job and I had to have surgery this past week.  All the issues I hear from everyone are the issues that we are having, but our's seem more constant.  I had the idea about the solid copper wire...so I replaced all cables and would still have the issues.  The unfortunate thing about our system is, half of us are union and the other half, that does the tv part, is not.  So, we cannot go past the hpna port on the ONT.  I cannot check the drop signal or anything hardly without crossing union lines.  Sure there are ways to get them to check, but it takes an act of congress for that to happen.  I'm working on us to be able to check light levels at the drop, but it's hard to get done. 

Jarred, thanks again for your replies. but to answer a couple of your questions.  It usually takes a couple of days before the customer sees it.  Customers say, sometimes the problem wont happen for a week or 2 then it'll happen all the time, rebooting.  As far as getting the headend to admit there's a problem is like getting the union guys to do some checks.  Their idea of checking it out is, there phone is working and thier internet is up to speed.  To them as long as the internet is up to speed then everything is good to go.  It's frustrating, but I know with a little persovirence I think we'll end up finding the issues and getting it fixed...I hope 
This is CABL.com posting #325236. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwLU
Posted in reply to: Re: Any HPNA techs? by kg4yuv
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Any HPNA techs? smcvicker 4/15/2011 9:01:33 AM