Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs?

so i call this dude for the fiber certification today again after getting splicers advice and the just started guy jarred.  I ask this again what is the current prospect for jobs as a fiber technitian and if the certification will pretty much get me in the door at a higher rate of pay than i am currently at.  According to him if a fiber tech is starting at under 20hr he is practically giving away money.  He also stated that i will definitely atleast double what i am making now.  funny isn't it.  the guys instructing saying things are great and now is a good time to go in and guys that are working or looking for work saying that things are basically not good on down to bad.  Which is what i consider 16hr.  anyway more input from other splicers would be greatly appreciated.  Also i am in atlanta ga.  Heard about a company in tampa with splicers making around 2000 a week from one instructor.  Think he said the name was like rje or rjc and they worked through peice rate.  Of course he also stated contractors are making a lot more.
This is CABL.com posting #323777. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwon
Posted in reply to: Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs? by jarredj3128
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs? Splicer Life 4me 3/24/2011 10:34:02 PM
Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs? jrl004 3/24/2011 7:53:23 PM