Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs?

I appreciate all of the follow up replies guys, I know I've read a lot of negative comments about cable contracting on here and now it just sounds even more discouraging lol. I've been keeping my eye out for contractors around here and stopped by and talked to one who seems to be working for a decent company installing for WOW cable. He said you could easily make 50k a year and 75k+ if you worked enough. I don't know if that was before or after taxes but remember I said I enjoyed doing this work so I may not mind the long hours as much as some other people. I've already experienced the hours and some BS at AT&T with repeats. We didn't get charge backs but we got "dinged" for a repeat, if you had too many repeats you would be written up even for defective equipment, and obviously no one wants to risk losing their job now by being written up so it was really quite a threat. We were forced 6 days a week for months straight and it didn't bother me because I was crazy enough to look forward to going to work everyday. and to cablepup1686 ya I wish that were true, I thought there was more money to be made in fiber which is part of what made me want to get the certs. they started me at 16$ an hour which I don't think is too bad for someone who is just starting but the top pay is no higher than at AT&T around 20$ pr hr. nor do I enjoy the work as much. I think its hard to say what you should expect to earn but the company I work for that gets contract work bids against other contracting companies so there is competition like everywhere else to bid low and win the jobs. I also see so many posts on this website looking for contractors it just appears to me as if there is plenty of work out there for independent contractors, and 1500 a week sounds very appealing.
This is CABL.com posting #323700. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwm8
Posted in reply to: Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs? by cablepup1686
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: contract cable companies use fiber techs? cablepup1686 3/24/2011 7:06:03 PM