Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Positive Influence

But you have no problem telling those that don't believe as you do, that they are fools, do you Gary...That is the bullshit I am against. I honestly can't believe after all that I have posted that you or Rob needs to question what I believe in. Well, you asked, here is your reply:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of Heaven and Earth
And in Jesus Christ
His only Son, Our Lord
Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit
Born of the Virgin Mary
Suffered under Pontius Pilate
Was crucified, died and was buried.
On the third day, he rose again
ascended into Heaven
and is seated at the right hand
of the Father Almighty.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the Communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

If that doesn't pretty much say it all, then nothing does. One does not need to be "born again", Jesus will not say "away with you" (like the person is Satan himself) as He did when He met up with Satan. See Gary, you and Robs savior is vengful and mine is merciful. This is where the disagreements come into play.

You nor Rob have "shown me the truth" nor have either of you "told me what to research". I was raised in a VERY strict, religious household and was being prepped to dedicate my life to and enter the religious sector. You are not saying one thing that I have not studied before so please, PLEASE lose this self righteous bullshit that you & Rob are spouting trying to claim I (and danimal for that matter) are fools for not believing in your vengeful God. I, for one, do not need to start quoting scripture from a book that has lost its true meaning after the first 1000 translations and re-writings.

Now, is this to say I know everything there is to know about religion or that I claim that I have a thorough understanding of it all? Hell no I don't and have never professed to such, unlike Rob and you do (rather consistently I might add) everytime you are questioned, which BTW, I don't believe has happened on any occassion beyond when someone represents that God is vengeful and I am being given an ultimatum. And of course, the argument that only you guys are right and we are all evil, hardened hearted bastards with no hope for redemption UNLESS we follow YOUR way.

Nothing has changed, this has all been explained before but you choose to contend that this is an argument. Do I need to read your posts? Of course not. However when things are posted beyond your daily scriptures (which appear many enjoy, so kudos for that) I will take a look. After all, isn't the reason for posting is so that others do look and read? Because if the reason is to only help to try and convince yourselves in what you think you should believe in, well, that is playing the fool. If it is only to have others read and believe like you and they are damned for all eternity if they don't believe, well, that is playing the fool as well. I have said many, many times in this forum, I am not trying to get you to disbelieve or to convert (unlike you) but rather to discuss BOTH our beliefs. Unfortunately however, y'all have a one track mind. Just like the Scientology groups. And yes, I have studied those as well. More crackpots. 

Any more, in any religion, it has become about MONEY. Give X amount of dollars and be saved! Ensure your place in the heavenly kingdom for only 39.99 a month! We accept credit cards!

God love ya'll, Gary, Rob, Dan and the rest. I KNOW you all are good men in Gods eyes regardless of how I feel as a man on the face of this earth, of your beliefs. Have a great weekend and stay safe out there.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #323414. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwiw
Posted in reply to: Re: A Positive Influence by Gary Vest
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: A Positive Influence Gary Vest 3/20/2011 6:54:50 AM
Re: A Positive Influence TheRobMan 3/19/2011 9:57:52 PM