Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Positive Influence

Really, Mark? You quote the Apostle's Creed as what you believe, but deny what Jesus has to say. Where did you come by that belief? How do you know of Jesus? Was in not from God's Word? John 3:3 is Jesus speaking to Nicodemus, but you just don't believe He said it, or was misquoted, or the translation isn't right? You really do speak in cirlces and for some reason can never back anything you say up scripturally or with what information brought you to what you believe. AGAIN, it is not MY words or what I have to say about it. I have given an account of what I do believe, why I believe, and where I get the information to believe what I believe. I never called anybody a fool. I quoted scriptures. If the shoe fits, then so be it. What I do in this forum is share God's Word with whoever desires to check it out. Whether one believes or not is between them and God. I don't understand why those who don't believe on the same lines would come in here to post their disbelief or try to discount what another believes. If one thinks it hogwash, why even bother to come here and read these postings? That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Whether you believe the Bible or not, it most definitely has some great sound advice. Proverbs is full of great wisdom that applies to life today as the day it was written. I will continue to share God's Word here and it is my prayer that the seeds I plant may be used by the Spirit to touch hearts and help lead others from the darkness to the light. I can tell you this though, there was a time I did believe as you do, so I do know where you are coming from. I just decided to research every avenue I could to discover what was truth. I have studied doctrines of about every religion you can think of and why they believe it. I have looked unbiasly at the evolultion theory. I have been open minded about anything I have been able to get my hands on, and ultimatley have come to the conclusion I have been led to. I opened my heart to God, and said here it is, please lead, guide, and direct my paths that I can be the man I was created to be, wherever that may take me. I am not perfect. I am a sinner saved by God's grace, yet I still battle a sin nature and sin itself. I know who I am and most of the time it isn't pretty. But I do know who I can turn to for help and know that God loves me unconditionally and I can count on Him. He has proven it time after time. One thing is for sure...we can agree to disagree.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #323450. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwi6
Posted in reply to: Re: A Positive Influence by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A Positive Influence TheRobMan 3/20/2011 9:01:56 AM