Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Positive Influence

First of all the IF that I said does not mean that I do not truly believe.  What I was saying is
 OK, lets pretend that you are right.
(And you are going to say that I take things that I read too literally?)

secondly, you said that your savior would not deny anyone.  Well neither does mine.  it is written:
 2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Thirdly, I am not shoving anything down anybodys  throat, Even Jesus wouldn't force Himself on anyone.  Eternal life is a gift free for the taking.  Jesus said:
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. (John 14:6,7)
Jesus will not deny anyone, but will not Force anyone not to deny Him.

Fourthly, you said,".........Then you pick one that works for you that day......"  Well, I personally don't pickand choose what works for me, the Bible says:
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Personally, I find things in the Bible all the time that points out just how a wretched man I truly am.

Finally, you said:  "For me, I am going to let Jesus and our Father have the final say when it is time."
The truth is, He has already given us the "Final Say"  in His Holy Word.  We are talking about our eternity here, not going to Burger King for a Whopper.  We don't get it "Our Way" 

With God all things are possible
This is CABL.com posting #323355. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwhz
Posted in reply to: Re: A Positive Influence by Splicer Life 4me
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: A Positive Influence Gary Vest 3/19/2011 1:29:47 AM
Re: A Positive Influence mrwhomper 3/18/2011 2:47:20 PM
Re: A Positive Influence Splicer Life 4me 3/18/2011 2:03:25 PM