Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just Remember

Not trying to wrap my head around the gospel. I have been schooled in my religion since 1st grade. Have a good understanding of the bible, the scriptures and gospels. No, what I am trying to wrap my head and heart around is the comment you made that unless one is "born again" one won't make it into the kingdom of God, or rather Heaven. Trying to wrap my head around just how being born again has anything to do with one suddenly not being a sinner as you state. I mean by all means, you have your beliefs and I am no one to say differently as it is all just faith on both of our parts at this stage of the game. But for you to try to preach that being born again (which happens only in the baptist society) is the only way to instantly not be a sinner to get in heaven is, to me, ludicrous and simply not what the bible teaches.

I am very happy for you that you have had a life changing moment and are happy. I understand why you would want to spread your joy. All of this doesn't bother me, actually it is very enlightening. But for you to preach that one MUST be "born again" in order to get to the pinnacle you have reached is just flat out wrong and not what is being taught in the bible. You have misinterpreted the teachings severly if that is what you believe. With that being said however, you are correct when you say "head knowledge is useless without heart knowledge" meaning you must have God (faith) in your heart for any head knowledge to be meaningful. But even though correct, it is not 100% correct. One does not neccessarily have anything to do with the other depending on the individuals own agenda.

Yes, you are a sinner. I am a sinner. We all are sinners. One cannot go thru life without being a sinner, born again or not. It just doesn't work that way. One can attempt and try to not sin as much, but that has nothing to do with being born again, unless that is what one wants to believe to help them get thru. I believe Jim and Tammy Baker were born again and I don't think they sinned more than after they were 'born again'. That is when the corruption really got started. An extreme example I agree, however it is what it is and it should drive the point home.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #322948. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwa0
Posted in reply to: Re: Just Remember by Gary Vest
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Just Remember Gary Vest 3/12/2011 7:08:13 AM
Re: Just Remember Gary Vest 3/11/2011 6:43:33 PM