Create your free account now! Sign up

Sub of a sub . paid when paid and other issues

Here is my 2 cents after watching and reading these boards
1) Why is anyone working for a sub of a sub unless yoiur getting paid  weekly or bi weekly. These guys are like penny stocks. Many out there, very few that pay off. If someone can not afford to pay you weekly or bi weekly after your work is QCd then they should not be in the biz as they have no financing in place. You are doing all the work and taking the risk of not getting paid for it. Most of these guys are brokers and have no equipment so they are here today gone tomm. It doesnt matter what rates you get or are making 1000s a day if you do not get paid. Most of these guys  have finacial issues and when they  get the  check they  pay their bills first bf you get yours and if they are short then your screwed.

2) Primes- Not as bad as the above but still issues. At least with a prime they are mainly larger companies and the bigger the contract the more likely you will get paid. That being said there is no reason again why you should not get something weekly ro bi weekly as they are the one who should be well financed to be the prime in the first place. If your work is QCd then you should get paid ,even if its a partial payment.

3) if you are not paid . Go to the  top of the  food chain, The Client they  are working for and raise hell there. I would also go to local Politicians and raise hell as well. Talk to the local newspapers on how the client is scamming people in working for free and then claining ignorance .These guys are always looking to be a hero and get votes.This does work to rattle cages on the main client. I would also tell them your contacting thr labor board , IRS any agency to make their life miserable.
Be a nuisance . Someone will listen

4) Companies that post want ads on here and do not list your name I have a question  What are you hiding ?  I bet its the fact your one of those companies that has issues. Be upfront with everyone here, It is not like we can not find out who you are . Try and be responsive and call back people even if its to tell them that the position is filled.  STOP placing ads when you do not have the contract and are just fishing to see if you can staff the job. Its waste to many peoples time here that need to find a job and do not have time for wild goose chases. 

Good luck to everyone as itlooks like work is picking up this year.
This is CABL.com posting #321248. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvJA
There are 4 replies to this message