Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec Florida

EshoreJoe,
I see you on here quite a bit and appreciate your non-bias comments and opinions. I have to say, when you are right, you’re right. It was unfair of me to broad brush sub contractor technicians as performing the same across the board. There are several sub contractor technicians, that I personally know who do a fantastic job and who do not have the same issues being espoused on this forum. I must however, respectfully, address a point you made in your comment:
“When terms of a contract are not observed the courts are being used.” This is the comment I was referring too. Again HSP’s, including O&O, contract with sub contractor companies, not sub contractor technicians. Technicians who bring lawsuit against an HSP are wasting their time. An HSP has no legal obligation to pay sub contractor technicians for any work they did while a 1099 employee of the sub contractor company THEY chose to go work for. It is the sub contractors’ obligation to pay these technicians for the work they performed. The ultimate scapegoat in all of these issues are the HSP’s. Most sub contractor principals will lay blame on the HSP for non-payment of technicians stating that “The HSP hasn’t paid me so I can’t pay you” or “The HSP’s are crooks, why don’t you contact them as to why you are not being paid”. These cowardly diversions detract attention from the real issue and incorrectly assign blame to the HSP’s.
Sub contractors contract with HSP’s and are expected to have enough money in arrears to pay technicians for work performed. Sub contractor companies are also tasked with making sure that equipment, including consumables, are managed correctly and that other aspects of the business are ran efficiently as well. I would say that 80% of the sub contracting companies I have encountered over the years do this inefficiently, and for lack of testicular fortitude, assign blame elsewhere rather than accept the fact that they, the sub contractor, did not manage their business correctly and as a consequence left their technicians as cannon farter for their mismanagement. Management of cahrgebacks would also apply in these situations.
This is CABL.com posting #319751. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvlr
Posted in reply to: Re: Mastec Florida by EshoreJoe
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Mastec Florida Nightlife1970 1/10/2011 7:14:37 PM