Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Missing Channels on Dish Network

It has been a minute since I have done dish installations but it seems to me there could be a problem with the lnb or you need to realign the dish. One thing I would check is your signal. One thing to check when you are in the signal portion of the menu is the satellite transponders. Make sure you are receiving both the 110 and the 119. If you are losing selected channels it sounds like one of the satellites are not being picked up. One way to check this is when it says searching for satellite what satellite and transponders that the channels are on. There is also the posibility of a suck out on the cable from either the lnb to the ground block or even right behind the receiver. Also what type of dish do you have is it a super dish or a dish 500? How old are your receivers are they 10 years old as well. There is a possibility depending on whether or not you have a super dish and a old receiver that the dp switch that sits behind the receiver is bad and not letting the signal hit the equipment.
This is CABL.com posting #319702. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvkE
Posted in reply to: Missing Channels on Dish Network by SteveStrickland
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Missing Channels on Dish Network SteveStrickland 1/9/2011 7:41:51 PM