Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Removing old steel pedestals

That's all fine and well when the peds are street side and setting 3 or 4 ft from the curb, but how about the restoration charges for peds setting 15ft from the curb, on the property owners side of the sidewalk, a 1 ton truck pulled up on a curb or sidewalk to get to the ped can leave a pretty good impression in the turf, I have had to pay for restoration just because I put a cable trailer with a ball of strand & feeder on someones manicured lawn, even tho it is considered utility easement, the property owner will prevail, then good luck getting that 1 ton truck in the rear easement, fenced in , I will do 5 to your 1 with a bumper jack.

it seems like everybody here wants to take the easier softer way out, mind over muscle, don't break a sweat, I can't think of how many tires I have replaced, or how many times I have paid a wrecker or have had someone else pull me out from getting stuck because I didn't want to break a sweat

Too many New School workers these days...

I am not giving you shit weewah, I know you have proven yourself as old school, It's just the Greenbeaners that get's my goat
and I have to say the engine hoist swift move.

I remember doing a wreckout job in NC after a duel plant upgrade and I used my 2 1/2 ton bucket truck to pull a upright amp ped, well I missed cutting a top feed cable, and off I go down the road dragging the ped to our scrap pile 100 yards away, I look in the mirror and see Mailboxes, garbage cans, new peds, everything that was setting on the side of the road being pulled rite along with it. well we were paid wreckout cable footage and that trunk, and feeders were truely wrecked out.

the cable was placed at 24" but with the storms it was only about 6" underground, some places you could see it laying on the side of the road on top of the sand
gota love the outer banks

This is CABL.com posting #317058. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuD0
Posted in reply to: Re: Removing old steel pedestals by WeeWah
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Removing old steel pedestals WeeWah 11/17/2010 5:44:13 PM