Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Removing old steel pedestals

Heh heh heh heh,,,that's why they call it wreck out. Hey,,speedlasher,,I'm with ya, I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the job. If I don't have it, I'll get it, or if I can,, I'll fabricate it. On that peticular job,yes, damn near 95% was street runnin in the mountains. No curb and gutter,,no fancy lawns or land scapping, rural runnin. Most of the peds in the easment were tap peds with stakes about 18" in the ground, no problem with a sharp shooter, using the fulcrum method. 

I too,, have paid for restoration of private property and wreckers to pull out trucks. Because of laxadaisey work ethics on other peoples part.

How about this, a 3 span cable replacement across a farmers field. Now the 2 poles in the middle, were surrounded by cattails and scrub willows. What's that tell ya,,swamp. This crew spent 1 hour tryin to get a t-40 to those 2 middle poles, instead of just puttin on the hooks. When I got there, they had the runnin boards on the cab ground level. That t-40 was sunk. Anyway,,,make a long story short. Cost me $300 for a wrecker and had to come back when it was a little dryer to fix the ruts. Lazy Phuchs!!!!!!   
This is CABL.com posting #317064. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuD6
Posted in reply to: Re: Removing old steel pedestals by SpeedLasher
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Removing old steel pedestals 24robob 11/17/2010 10:57:53 PM
Re: Removing old steel pedestals Lightmaster 11/17/2010 8:44:43 PM