Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bedbugs

Mark It don't have anything to do with it being a cheap motel, to have bedbugs, some of the highest rated hotels in miami & the florida keys are being infested by bedbugs, it has to do with the type of sanitizer you use and the water temp you wash your linen in.
Clorox will only kill the live Bedbugs in the linen, It takes water temp of at least 180deg. to kill the eggs.

Since Sept is a slow month for me here at the Inn I am having the place tented with Methyl Bromide, I don't have any bugs that are visible but it is a safety measure.

For the rest of you that do travel on the road and want to make sure that you don't bring anything hidden home, is to take your clothes to a commercial laundry and wash everything on hot, don't add any detergent( so your colors don't bleed) then dry normally, and in the laundry bag throw in 10 or 12 moth balls inside a sock zip tied closed, I know they stink (Moth Balls) but put some in the closets, drawers and this info came directly from the State of Florida Health Inspector.

There is nothing like the smell of naphthalin in the morning to get your blood boiling, and for all you vets from the viet nam day's naphthalin was 60% inert ingredients of Napalm (naphthenic & mogas)

And for you guy's that have rides that require high test premiun gasoline but can't afford it, fill up with regular and drop 5 or 6 moth balls in the tank
moth balls are 18% pentene and pentene is what the refineries add to the gasoline to increase the octane rating.

just food for thought..
This is CABL.com posting #313497. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtIz
Posted in reply to: Bedbugs by Splicer Life 4me
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Bedbugs dfwdtv 9/20/2010 3:14:25 PM
Re: Bedbugs WeeWah 9/18/2010 1:20:07 AM
Re: Bedbugs Nightlife1970 9/16/2010 1:51:29 AM
Re: Bedbugs LocoDawg 9/15/2010 8:21:35 PM