Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bedbugs

I'll give you some tips on bedbugs, I have a little experience being I was a Certified Applicator for Terminix

1st Never use Moth Balls, they will not do anything to stop bedbugs, or other bugs, they are useful in making your belongings smell, and they are harmful, even in small amounts.  

Bedbugs are difficult to find, but there are some key places and visible clues, especially in hotels/motels.  First thing to look for is small white plastic 'bowls' type items underneath the feet on the furniture, bedpost, chair legs, and nightstand legs, these items are placed under the feet of furniture to make it difficult for bedbugs to get on the bed and furniture, the surface is extremely slick, and they can't crawl up it.  

2nd:  Pull the headboard off the wall, most of these are just sitting on a piece of slotted wood and will slide off, look for black or brown spots in the corners and crevices and on the wall behind the headboard, this is fecal matter, or 'bug crap'  bedbugs tend to cling close to each other, and you will find lots of 'crap'.  Also look behind pictures or paintings on the wall, pull the sheets off the bed and look between the matress and the box springs, they like tight spots so pull the fabric back, if you see black greasy spots, good sign of bed bugs.  

If you do happen to be the dinner for a bedbug, you may not see marks for up to 3 days after you've been bit, just a little FYI. On a positive note, they carry no disease, on a negative note, they are impossible to get rid of with out professional grade chemicals, and normally takes about 3 trips.  They can also go months with out a blood meal, and still live.

Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #313890. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtOU
Posted in reply to: Re: Bedbugs by SpeedLasher
There are 0 replies to this message