Create your free account now! Sign up

Internet downstream freqs?

What downstream freqs are you guys using? What problems do you see in using ch. 2 around 53mghz as a downstream freq? I realize I may have a few modems that recieve too much signal on the downstream freq but that should only be in a few locations as our tap outputs are typically 20/11.

I recently attempted to move my downstream freq from 621mghz to the 670 mghz range and over half the modems didnt come back up due to what I can only assume would be too little downstream signal, related to probably drop issues,.ie. too long to many splitters etc etc. This switch was attempted in the early morning hours and I wasnt notified so I had no chance to go check some locations to see if a simple power cycle would have brought them up which I feel would have as I only had a few modems that I could find on the borderline at 621 mghz. I'm planning on making the move this Monday am and also have selected ch 95 in the fm band as an alternative which I believe will actually be around 93mghz.

I need to put this carrier somewhere and be done with it and I need to be able buy a filter that allows me to offer internet only, I figure a low pass only filter should be easy enough havent researched a notch filter for the fm but I'm sure thats possible also.

I'm open to all suggestions and input, we currently have about 500 modems out using a 750mghz system. We have a few different modems out there surfboards 5120 and arris cm 550. Thanks for all the input.
This is CABL.com posting #306114. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrNu
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Internet downstream freqs? jeffkehoe 7/17/2010 12:56:43 PM
Re: Internet downstream freqs? jeffkehoe 6/29/2010 8:36:23 PM
Re: Internet downstream freqs? fusion47 6/28/2010 2:34:32 PM
Re: Internet downstream freqs? Joe50 6/24/2010 12:24:25 PM
Re: Internet downstream freqs? 1FARMER 6/23/2010 8:15:45 PM