Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: will this happen

You implied it when you said "Faux news". That word implies a falsehood. And if they are too biased to the right and you are watching what is too biased, and they have admitted it, to the left, what does that say about your proclivities?

I have seen what has happened in the Gulf. I don't need to ask myself anything. Accidents happen. But the last big one was 20 years ago in Alaska and it was a spill not a leak. And a year later I was down in Valdez fishing and so were the commercial boats. This one is a tragedy but are we to just stop driving to work? Do the environmentalists all use a bike or horse? NO.

Did you not see where they didn't need to be in the Gulf? That far out? I guarantee you that if they didn't have to be in 5000 feet of water they wouldn't have been. It is expensive to drill that deep. I have brothers in the oil business so I might actually know a little about this without looking at some web site and believing the first thing I found to support my argument.

ANWR? Why don't you tell me what you know of it. And tell me what is going to happen there. Why don't you tell me why the environmentalists are concerned when there is an oil field not far from there that has been doing just fine. I have been to ANWR. More than once. I have been to Barrow. Have you? Or anyone you know? I know what is up there. It is Discovery channel up there and the bugs in the summer will eat you for snack. There is no pristine wilderness! Not where they would drill. The are is so vast you wouldn't believe it. But Mr. Bill tied it all up and called the area federal lands. It is the state of Alaska's land not the governments. Why is the federal government getting into states' business anyway?

FIRST The principle reason people object to oil wells and drilling is they are "ugly"..... there is no one in the ANWR to be disturbed by the "ugly" wells..... AND modern oil wells can be disguised to look like part of nature.....you could live next to one and not know it
SECOND Modern oil fields are NOT a threat to the environment..... in fact in most cases they IMPROVE the environment....off shore drilling in the gulf IMPROVED the shrimp industry by providing new breeding grounds for shrimp..... the trans-Alaska pipeline INCREASED the caribou herds..... allowed them to enjoy year round feeding areas.....
THIRD The area in the ANWR where they want to drill is not the pristine flower laden beautiful mountain areas you see in photographs..... it is actually an ugly mud flat ,almost devoid of life......it is highly likely that the act of drilling in this area will improve things to a point where animals and flowers will again be able to flourish ( heat from the oil will melt the permafrost and promote grass which is a source of food for animals.....grass eating animals are food for carnivores.....)
FOURTH ANWR is the size of north and south Carolina and the area to be drilled would be Rhode Island. A stamp on a football field.

Why aren't we drilling in the U.S.? There is a ton of oil. There are Saudi sized oil fields in South Dakota. ANWR. We have oil to be independent of the middle east and the left won't let us get it. And don't tell me it can't be drilled safely. The left is why we can't get at it. No the oil companies don't go where the oil is easy to get at. There are so many constraints it isn't funny. They go where they can as far as the U.S. is concerned. The left has made sure of that.

Pure and simple this country, for now, needs oil. Until we can get alternative energy and I have said it too many times, we need to get our own oil and work on other energy solutions and faze the oil out.

Oh and if you are trying to convince me that oil is a bad thing.........you don't have to but it is what we have for now. Let's use it until we have something better.
This is CABL.com posting #305001. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrvx
Posted in reply to: Re: will this happen by dlightning
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: will this happen dlightning 6/8/2010 9:35:13 AM