Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need advise on an easement issue

I like Oklahoma easement law's, there better be a gate at both ends of the property, or better not have a shed blocking access to a pole, a ug ped, or anything within either side of that 10ft invisible easement line, the power company loves seeing nice fences or sheds built in the easement
I was out in OKC after a major ice storm and the good old power company cleared an access route to all the poles in the easement in 4 wheel drive

If they had a pole changeout and a shed was restricting the pole where a lineman cound't stretch his arms out without touching the shed
out came the winch cable and out came the shed, I hate these home owners that think because that pole or ped is in their back yard they own it..

Land owners out there with gun's, local sheriff out there arresting land owners, the smart land owners contacted the local utilities about their fenced in property
and the utilities came out and put their own lock thru the shackle of another utilities lock so the owner and everyone involved had access

clothes lines, dog runs, bird houses, basketball rims attached to the pole, I kicked them off the pole or I cut them down.

I had an asshole in florida nail redwood 2x4's to the pole and built a 12ft high redwood fence splitting the pole down the middle in a treed out easement
cound't get a ladder to if you wanted to, I took pictures of the before & after and turned them into the office, I had to go back a week later to re-balance and the home owner rebuilt his fence, but this time you could walk around the pole, sometimes stupid learns after it cost them a few hundred dollars
This is CABL.com posting #304570. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbroA
Posted in reply to: Re: Need advise on an easement issue by jbarm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Need advise on an easement issue jbarm 6/2/2010 4:59:44 PM