Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Let's shut it all down

So let me get this straight.  You understand there would be a massive and negative trickle down effect if Big Oil was shut down. You understand how it would effect our economy and the unemployment rate. Why is it you didn't have this same understanding, when it came to giving Detroit a loan. How is that possible?? Shouldn't you be saying that if Big OIl was shut down, things would just work themselves out?

Initially, I probably shared the same feelings about the oil spill, as those on the right. I thought. Ok, they had a spill.  Let them clean it up and make the shrimpers and everybody else whole.  No need to make a big deal out of this. Damage is done, no need to cry about it all day.  Just get it cleaned up, and make everyone effected, whole.

But then, I found out that in 1979 (I think), we had a spill in the gulf.  The same kind of accident that occurred here in 2010.  This accident was in 200ft of water.  All of the tactics they used to stop the leak in 1979, are the same tactics they are using in 2010.  Those tactics failed in 1979, in only 200ft of water.  But they are using these same tactics in 2010 in 5000ft of water. Guess what company was involved in both 1979 and 2010.  Transocean...... WTF?!?!

In 1979, we had a spill in the Gulf and at the same time a spill in Alaska.  In 2010, we have a spill in the Gulf and one in Alaska.  Big Oil has been touting their new drilling methods for years. Telling us how good the technology in the drilling industry has become.  Big Oil has made technological advances in drilling.  But are using the same BS procedures when it comes to safety. In 30 years they have done nothing to prepare themselves for these disasters.

If they lied and broke the law when filing paper work, throw the book at them
This is CABL.com posting #304145. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrhJ
Posted in reply to: Let's shut it all down by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Let's shut it all down sab3r 5/28/2010 12:26:44 AM
Re: Let's shut it all down LocoDawg 5/27/2010 8:56:50 PM