Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for Cable Dawgs

hahahahaha send a tech...  whats that you say? i pay 60 bucks a month for this crap and they are 'too busy' to send a tech out till next week... heres signal info

Downstream Bonding Channel Value
 Channel ID  97 
 Frequency  621000000 Hz 
 Signal to Noise Ratio  39 dB 
 Downstream Modulation  QAM256 
 Power Level
 The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
 10 dBmV  

Upstream Bonding Channel Value
 Channel ID  4 
 Frequency  34000000 Hz 
 Ranging Service ID  1083 
 Symbol Rate  2.560 Msym/sec 
 Power Level  48 dBmV 
 Upstream Modulation  [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM

Ranging Status  Success 

cut and paste from modem screen.

weird thing .. the modem never loses sync .. always stays online but the internet is out and when its out i cant get to the modem screen.. now i moved the outlet to a different one. and right now more than likely coincidence but its running about 9.5meg .. ALWAYS its the d/l speeds suffering.. upload stays right at 1.5meg but it seems to be working right now.. we will see how it goes.. the outlet it was on is brand new.. i ran it with solid copper 60% braid ppc compression connectors .. so i wouldnt think that is the problem.. line still tones good.. and resistance is right at .75 with a terminator on it.. so it seems the line is good.. one thing i did notice.. it doesnt APPEAR that the cable tech put a HF ground block on it.. but that shouldnt be the issue or the modem would drop sync..
Steve
This is CABL.com posting #301682. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqD0
Posted in reply to: Re: Question for Cable Dawgs by johnmc3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Question for Cable Dawgs ronaldeverett 5/2/2010 2:03:57 AM