Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Wierd FWD MER Issue

Thanks for mentioning that. I would've seen the reflection sweeping at 2dB/ div. And if it was the tap, why don't I see it at the tap, but only at the GB? If it's my meter, how come I see it on 3 different meters? It's not noise coming from another outlet because I'm testing off of the fitting at the end of the drop with nothing hooked up to the drop except my meter, not even the GB. And it did the same thing with a new drop! But again, on the output of the 4-way splitter in the house, the MER is great. 
Been trying to go back there but the lady is always home and I don't want to keep showing up there to use her house as my personal cable lab. The only channels we have on those QAMs are HDs and she doesn't even have an HD box. So this issue is transparent to her. But I still want to figure this out in case it comes up in the future. Very curious. But I think you guys are right about it being some wierd termination thing. Gonna try an 8-2 port when I go back. The 4-2 is self terminating and has a housing terminator currently. 

Thanks for the tips Gents.  
This is CABL.com posting #301477. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqAH
Posted in reply to: Re: Wierd FWD MER Issue by cableho
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Wierd FWD MER Issue cableho 4/30/2010 10:12:41 PM