Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: And here it is

LOL........  You guys are funny.

"The U.S. spends $2.5 trillion a year on health care, far more per person than any other developed nation, and for results that aren't clearly better when compared to more frugal countries. At the outset of the health care debate last year, Obama held out the hope that by bending the cost curve down, the U.S. could cover all its citizens for about what the nation would spend absent any reforms. The report found that the president's law missed the mark, although not by much. The overhaul will increase national health care spending by $311 billion from 2010-2019, or nine-tenths of 1 percent. To put that in perspective, total health care spending during the decade is estimated to surpass $35 trillion."

So heres the facts .......the report is looking at 2010-2019.  The Major parts of the bill dont kick in until 2014. Also, we've covered 34M additional people, and it raised our costs by LESS than 1%, which I believe this is less than the rate of inflation. So technically, it could be argued that this isn't an increase at all. This is supposed to be bad???  The bill did all this during a decade where it was fully enacted, just half the decade.  Hell, Im rather impressed.  This is actually something I would think you guys would be screaming was a bogus report.

This report tells me the bill still needs a little tweaking, which I have ALWAYS said will happen. This report also tells me the bill was a GREAT starting point.  Dems didn't hit a home-run.  But a standing triple aint bad, during you first time at bat.  Now, they just need to tweak the bill.

I urge all to compare the .9% increase projected for 2010-2019, to the increase we saw during 2000-2009.  And dont forget we adding 34 million people durin 2010-2019.  More people covered and a .9% increase over 10 years.  I say, not bad.  Not bad at all....[] 

This is CABL.com posting #300844. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqqu
Posted in reply to: Re: And here it is by sab3r
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: And here it is sab3r 4/24/2010 11:01:12 PM
Re: And here it is sab3r 4/24/2010 10:59:17 PM
Re: And here it is JD42596 4/24/2010 8:29:26 PM
Re: And here it is justchecking 4/24/2010 11:25:52 AM