Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: And here it is

Instead of complaining that health care has gotten so expensive, why not look at why it has gotten so expensive. Not that long ago, the average person did not have health insurance, rather they paid for it as needed. We did not take 5, 10 or more prescription drugs per day.

We all know health care became so expensive because of lawyers, activist judges and juries who think they are sticking it to millionaires. Doctors order multiple unneeded tests and prescribe useless drugs, ie antibiotics for a cold, to try to ward off malpractice claims. Lawyers here in Pa have actually sued to have cases moved into Philadelphia because juries are much more likely to award multimillion dollar verdicts. And all this does is increase costs on all of us. Do you think the insurance companies who have to pay these verdicts do not increase premium costs to doctors and that the doctors do not pass the cost on to the patient?

And this goofy health care bill did nothing to rectify this primary issue. Can't piss off big campaign donors. And both sides are guilty of this tactic. But this bill was pushed entirely by the dems. It is their baby. And to simply deem that health care is now fixed and that they can slash medicare rates by 20 to 25% with no repercussions is at best pie in the sky. Bush started the mess with a severely flawed prescription drug plan and Obama has made it worse with this monstrosity.

I just was in patient at a large teaching hospital for another 9 days this month. While I was in the hospital, I asked my doctors, nurses and techs what they thought of the plan Obama is pushing. 27 people flat out said it was going to cause a nightmare. 1 gave me a "I'll have to wait and see".

This is not a clean and clear issue as the administration wants us to all believe. Not all health care professionals are bowing at his feet for this. And once it is started, it will be next to impossible to stop it. Social Security and Medicare still are severely flawed and unfixed, so we start a whole brand new government program that many have doubts can be sustained. We are adding a whole bunch of new costs to everyones life and most people believe that new taxes are going to have to be enacted to bail out SS. We are creating an omni present nanny state government that will be taking more and more of the GDP each year for itself, at the expense of the general economy. And if you think that fact will have no effect on the general well being of the country as a whole, I have some swamp land for sale that you have to have, trust me.
This is CABL.com posting #300907. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqrv
Posted in reply to: Re: And here it is by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message