Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hmmm........

You have to be kidding!!

Where do you think we wold be right now if the financial sector, the auto industry, States and public servants we're allowed to fail. Unemployment numbers would be at 20% and real unemployment would probaly be at 35%-40%.

The truth is there were no good options.  We could only pick the best of the bad.  NO matter how much it costs us to get out of this slump, it would be cheaper and faster than if we simply allowed the major parts of our economy to collapse.  With no banking system, we have no economy.  This is why banks should be heavily regulated.

When the bill comes due, we will be in a position to pay it.  The bill would have been MUCH higher if we did nothing, and it's not likely we would ever been in a positoin to pay it.  The likelyhood of us recovering is much less than if we acted.  NO President will sit ide while the United States is sinking.  If we are willing to spend the life of soidiers to save this country, what makes you think the credit shouldn't be used?

I dont buy into the government caused the sub-prime mess kind of thinking.  Many banks remained stable under less regulation.  CRA regulated were the most stable during the crisis.  Some people refuse to the blame the private sector anything.  These are usually the same people saying the government should not regulate private industry.  There will always be scammers.  You do something for an industry or a group of people, and some people will always game the system.  You guys don't seem to allow the government to prepare for gamers.  This preperation causes for more wording in bills, and makes the bill longer, and you guys seem to have real problem with "wordy" bills.  How about not blaming the government, and blame the people who cook their books, and gave out loans without verifying income or employment. 

When certain people are seen as blaming the government for all their problems, you guys seem to think they are lazy or looking for other people to blame for their wrong doings.  You guys are no different.  IMO, you guys are even worse. You blame the government for other people problems (the private sector).  You guys do their crying and whining for them. 

You say you don't stand either party.  Fine. I personally don't need a politician to care about me.  All I need from them is policy that will allow me and mines to continue to have choices.  Democrats, at least, are upfront about their agenda.  Republicans are the champions of debt, but consider themselves the part of fiscal responsibility.  They want even more deregulation, even after seeing what happend when Glass-Stegall was repealed.  They are a freakin joke.
This is CABL.com posting #298954. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpV0
Posted in reply to: Re: Hmmm........ by JD42596
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Hmmm........ JD42596 4/10/2010 5:55:49 PM
Re: Hmmm........ sab3r 4/10/2010 11:14:13 AM