Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hmmm........

If those banks would have been allowed to close, theres no telling how long it would have taken for economy to recover.  You guys are bitching now.  If those banks were allowed to fall, we're probably talking a 10 - 20 years to recover.  Remember, Lehman Bros by itself, was the largest BK since the great depression.  Could you imagaine if a significant portion of the banking industry was allowed to fail with them.  Would you feel better about being in a depression, knowing that banks were allowed to fail.  If your answer is yes, fine.  But I think we all forget that Washington is supposed to do whats good for the country.  Not whats good for capitalism.  If you run your business down, fine.  But, when an entire industry is failing, and its failure puts the national economy at risk, which essentially puts the nation's security at risk.  The government must take action.  EVERY President has done it, and they alway will.

I think the Dems have a great idea to keep this from happening again.  Don't allow anyone to get too big to fail.  Or if they want to particiapte in big risky banking practices, they should have to pay into a kitty that would be used, if something like this happend again.

I hear ya on the small government.  But every citizen has his/her opinon on what is important.  Most people b*tch about government spending.  But most people also b*tch when spending is cut on something they like. 
This is CABL.com posting #298837. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpT7
Posted in reply to: Re: Hmmm........ by JD42596
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hmmm........ JD42596 4/9/2010 2:06:07 PM