Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: do you have a personal issue with me?

lol... laying it on thick Sab3r........lol.. If you want to excercise the right to free speech, get your own board.  When we all joined this board we agreed to rules that limited our freedom of speech (TERMS OF USE). BTW,tell me if the following looks familair:

Language/Obscenities. Mild expletives and non-sexual anatomical references are allowed, but profanity, strong vulgar language, crude, lewd or explicit sexual references and hate speech (whether related to race, religion, ethnic origin, gender, sexual preference, etc.) are not allowed. Specifically forbidden words will be removed from postings automatically. Obscuring a word by changing a few characters but leaving the word clearly discernable is not acceptable as a means of circumventing this rule.

Personal attacks/Slander. Name-calling, accusatory statements, or any remark intended to degrade, belittle, or provoke another person is not allowed. Arguments that support or reject ideas and opinions are instrumental in discussion but they must not become inflammatory or combative, or directed at people in the debate. In other words, it's okay to say someone's comment is "stupid", but not to call the person an "idiot" for making the comment. It is acceptable to post factual accounts of disagreements (e.g., "My name is John Doe. I worked for XYZ, Inc. They said I'd get paid in 30 days but I still haven't seen a dime after 3 months. I'd advise anyone not to work for them.") but it is NOT acceptable to post accusations ("XYZ, Inc. doesn't pay their contractors and if you work for them you'll get screwed.") Please note that any remark claimed factual but posted under an anonymous (non-Privileged) account or without the author's name clearly displayed is still subject to removal at the discretion of site moderators. The balance between informing the community about bad actors and protecting the rights of innocent parties is difficult to maintain. Please be understanding and take care when wording your messages.

Private information. Publication of any information that someone has intended to be kept private is not allowed. This includes private contact information such as a non-published home or private cell phone number. This rule will be enforced even it the information can be found through other sources.

Illegal activity. Postings that actively or passively engage in any activity that could be construed as a violation of a U.S. federal, state, or local law are not allowed.

False identity. Impersonation or any false representation of oneself is not allowed. Preventing the disclosure of one's real identity through the use of an Internet handle or pseudonym is acceptable and understandable for those who wish to remain anonymous, but a handle that would be misleading (such as using a particular company name when you have no direct relation to the company) is not.
Throw-away email account. Each member must have an active and working e-mail address. Free Hotmail or Yahoo accounts that get accessed infrequently are not acceptable. Failure to reply to an inquiry from a CABL administrator within a reasonable amount of time will result in this assumption. Members can choose to make their registered address private (the default setting for new accounts) so there is no reason to supply CABL with anything other than an address that is checked regularly. CABL has NEVER sold, rented, or otherwise used its member list for any purpose beyond this forum.

Advertising. No advertising of any kind is allowed in the discussion forums. Due to frequent abuse, this rule is strictly enforced. No solicitation for "prices" ("I have 120 mi. of fiber to build in NY, what's fair pay for guys I'll be hiring." or "I'm thinking of selling my brand XYZ meter, only 2 years old and works great... what could I get for it?") Finding work: it is okay to ask for help with your own legwork ("Does anyone have contact information for the prime doing the rebuild construction for Acme Cable in Baltimore?") but advertising for work ("Who has work going on in Maryland or Virginia?") is only allowed in the advertisement section.

Duplicates and repeats. The same or similar messages may not be posted under more than one category or repeated at a later time.
Usage of graphics. Pictures and other graphic files may be uploaded for the sole purpose of supporting and facilitating discussions (excluding graphics in paid advertisements) and the content of such files must also fully comply with this list of rules.
TERMS OF USE. Be sure to read and understand the complete TERMS OF USE before posting

This is CABL.com posting #296340. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpfQ
Posted in reply to: Re: do you have a personal issue with me? by sab3r
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: do you have a personal issue with me? sab3r 3/21/2010 11:14:02 AM
Re: do you have a personal issue with me? DONE RIGHT 3/21/2010 5:32:23 AM
Re: do you have a personal issue with me? MCT-40 3/20/2010 9:02:30 PM