Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What happened to ethical companies?

I have had companies fax or email me their contracts, then read through them and change some of the wording for my benefit (EX: You can not work for another contractor for 6 months after you leave this contractors employment with in the same state) and have changed the wording to read 6 days LOL.
I would also change anything that I would think of as detrimental to me and retype it all out and sign it.
I make sure that it looked like the original contract and sign it and when their supervisor would sign it (always without reading it, like most of us do) and I make sure to get a photo copy of it signed.
 So if anything went wrong... they would say "YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT"... I would get out my copy and say "SO DID YOU" and "THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS."
 Two can play the contract signing game... (They never expect you to read it and they never re-read it themselves)
 Most times I have not needed to bring out the signed contract but it sure brings some peace of mind with most of these shady contractors.
SwpTech
This is CABL.com posting #296311. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpfn
Posted in reply to: Re: What happened to ethical companies? by LeadMappingGuru
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: What happened to ethical companies? ZandarKoad 3/21/2010 8:52:21 AM
Re: What happened to ethical companies? ronjrcosten 3/20/2010 2:21:55 PM
Re: What happened to ethical companies? sweepdude 3/20/2010 1:37:35 PM