Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What happened to ethical companies?

I'm not on the Tech side of the business, but I have been screwed by some companies.  The actions these companies took might be unethical or immoral but they certainly were not illegal, they had a contract that I signed, didn't fully read and suffered the consequences in the end.

So I have felt the same pain, and it sucks, however a lot of people come on this forum with complaints and problems but I rarely see too many solutions offered.  Perhaps with all the combined experience of all the members here, and maybe with the help of someones "lawyer friend", we can draw up an agreement/addendum for future situations that would protect both the company(from hack work and charge backs- good companies do get screwed too sometimes) and the tech. 

Maybe it could even be included on the Cabl Bar in one of the sections and made available for free....

Am I naive to think that since there is a situation where a tech needs work and is willing to travel and cover his own expenses, and a company needs help, that they can agree to terms with a somewhat standard addendum to the pre-existing contract that protects both parties, but makes it possible for both parties to benefit in the short term or under temporary work situations. 

Just a thought......
This is CABL.com posting #283351. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblSl
Posted in reply to: Re: What happened to ethical companies? by turabahamut
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What happened to ethical companies? KTech 3/20/2010 12:02:14 PM
Re: What happened to ethical companies? islandcable 12/9/2009 11:04:51 AM