Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Senator Byrd

After taking another look, the Slaughter Solution seems like a good plan. They would pass a bill with all the changes to the Senate Bill, consider the Senate Bill passed, and leave it to the senate to get things done to get the "fixes" passed in the Senate. LOL... I think they would do it this way to further insure the senate passes the things they want. Instead of 2 votes, the House will do it all at once. Nice.... Very effecient... I initially thought this Slaughtergj,.[] solution was different than what Im learning it really is.  I thought they would be able to just sign a resolution or something saying the Senate bill is passed.  Per your article, they are basically tieing the Senate bill to a bill of fixes. This would be a very effecient use of time.

Wherther they used the slaughter rule or not, they still need the same amount of votes.   Either way they do it, it's within the rules.  It still takes a majority to pass it. So what exactly is your problem with it.  I had a problem with it before I fully understood it. You guys crack me up with these "close door" accusations.  I watched hours of debate on CSPAN.  They dont do EVERYTHING in formal sessions.  They do things over the phone, in writing, and informal meetings.  This is nothing new. You guys sound like a bunch of cry babys.  Crying about nothing.

I now remember hearing the Senate wanted to do something similar. But the Senate can't start the Reconciliation process until the bill is passed into law.  But the House is able to start. 

The GOP has made it clear they want no part of this bill.  So the Dems should govern accordingly.  The GOP plans to obstruct.  So the Dems should govern accordingly.  LOL........ I can't wait to hear the cry babies. LOL.....

Many here have openly said they hope the GOP mucks things up.  You guys admit you want them to be obstructionsist.  Everyone on both sides knows the GOP wants to do nothing but obstruct the Dems from passing the bill.  When the Dems find a way around their obstructionism, you guys cry.  You can't have it both ways.  You can't say you glad the GOP is there to obstruct, when you think their obstruction will be successful.  But then get upset and claim the GOP isn't obstructing, when you find out the Dems have a legal way to get around their obstruction.

Go NANCY GO!!!
This is CABL.com posting #295497. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbo2f
Posted in reply to: Re: Senator Byrd by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Senator Byrd sab3r 3/13/2010 5:53:36 PM
Re: Senator Byrd JD42596 3/13/2010 10:54:25 AM