Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable guys telling customers they own cable in

radioman listen i agree with you, if a sattelite guy diplexes an ACTIVE internet line or disconnects an ACTIVE internet line, then he is a Fng idiot. However thats not what this thread is about. The OP is a sattelite installer and he hooks up to an unused line, a few days later some hack comes along disconnects and uses it for the internet. That is something only a moron would do and in my experience of being in the cable contracting world all my life ive seen it done 100 times. i would get sent out by the cable co to do whatever it takes to shut the people up, which was run another line. all paid for by the cable co because any cable co in the US will tell you not to disconnect anything active , run new. As you can see by the time warner techs they think cause a cable says time warner they can unhook it, but time warners own policy will bang that tech for a service call and time warner will be responsible for getting their sattelite back up or the fees involved with it. no sattelite tech should ever go in a mdu lockbox, but some plastic piece of shit trying to lock up the customers prewired outlets that the electrician ran when the house was built , id laugh ripping that open. id say Mr customer time warner is trying to lock up all your cables that you paid for when your house was built. do you want me to use those or would you like to pay 75 dollars an outlet to wallfish your whole house again today? guess what their answer would be? but between me and you i dont even bother ansking the customer anything, if its not being used i use it. same when i did cable.
This is CABL.com posting #291539. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbn0p
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable guys telling customers they own cable in by RadioMan
There are 2 replies to this message